Sunday, August 10, 2008

Our jumping off place

So you might be wondering what "jumping off place" means. Webster's Dictionary defines it as "a place from which an enterprise is launched". I thought this was appropriate for us as 2008 has been our jumping off place in that we have launched 2 significant (figurative) "enterprises". The first being the birth of our son, Hudson James, on May 10. Finally deciding to have a baby was a huge jump for us, in that we were married almost 8 years before he came along. And he has definitely changed our life. Although we got some flack from people for waiting so long to start our family, I think it was a good move for us. Jamie and I spent almost 8 years being "alone together" and those years helped build our relationship so that we could be ready for an event as significant as the birth of a baby. And it has been significant and life-changing. But I wouldn't change it for anything.
Hudson is 3 months old today - I can't believe how quick the time has flown by already. In the past 2 weeks he has started holding his head up really well and gained a lot of strength. He now hates to lay down on his back - he either wants to be sitting up or even standing. So the next few months will probably be tiresome for mom and dad as we help hold him up till he gets strong enough to do on his own!
So, back to our jumping off place - the first significant event was Hudson's birth - the second is that we bought Jamie's chiropractic clinic August 1. So he is now self-employed and since I am still undecided as to my status of employment right now, we are taking a big leap! But a good one and one that has been our goal for almost 5 years now, so we are excited the time has finally come.
So anyway for the most part I will be using my blog to post pics and stories of Hudson as he continues to grow and get cuter and cuter - but thought I would give you a little update as to where we are in life right now - a good place! :)

4 comments:

kscracker said...

Life will never be the same after 2008! You guys have a beautiful family and I look forward to the future pictures!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for starting one up, now we can read several. We are praying that the Lord will lead you and Jamie in your important decisions.

Jennifer said...

Yea!!! So cute and I LOVE that picture on the header! Can't wait to see pics of him. And we'll be praying as you guys make some decisions :)

Stephanie GO said...

He is getting cuter everyday! I'm glad you have this so that we can keep up and watch him grow. :)
Check out http://mamaisbloggin.blogspot.com sometime. It's a good friend of mine, Laura, who now lives in Colorado Springs. She is about to give birth to #3 and just has a lot of great full time Mom stuff on her page. :)