Friday, February 6, 2009

firetruck

This is what mommy can get done when Hudson takes an hour and half nap!

Hudson's cousin Garret just turned 3 and I made him this for his birthday. The party's on Sunday so don't ruin the surprise!!!

Garret is OBSESSED with firefighters. He goes to the fire station several times a week (as often as they will take him anyways). He knows all the firefighters, knows all about the trucks - what they're called, how to turn them on, turn the lights and sirens on, how to make the garage doors on the fire station go up and down. He even has his own fireman outfit which looks just like a real one.

So we got a new vaccum cleaner last week and the box was perfect for making a firetruck out of. Then the more I got into it the more elaborate the whole thing became. I used my old vaccum cleaner for the fire hose and stuck the attachments in the back of the truck too. Then I got really crazy and took the whole vaccum apart and took the motor out - so now the vaccum canister is a fire hydrant! Garret is going to love it. He has quite the imagination so I think he'll just jump in and start playing!

Station #37 is the one he goes to all the time so I had to make his truck #37 too!







This is the vaccum canister that will be the fire hydrant. That way he can take the hose out of the truck and put it in the vaccum - just like a real fire hydrant. My only concern is going to be whether he tries to put water inside the canister. But his mom will have to deal with that! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cute! Garrett will love it I'm sure! Now you will be expected to make one for Hudson, too! Kids and boxes are a perfect match. Of course, Hudson made it even cuter! He is growing up way too fast! Can't wait to see him. Hopefully soon.
Binga

Anonymous said...

You are so LUCKY that I didn't check out your blog before Garret's party. The firetruck is so adorable and Garret loves it bunches. Reminds me of you and Traci playing in boxes oh so many years ago!!!
Nana Wilma