Friday, August 21, 2009

growing up




I can't believe how fast Hudson is growing up and learning new things! It's amazing to be able to watch him everyday as he figures things out. He has started talking A LOT. Unfortunately only he understands most of it. But he has started repeating - or trying to anyways - most everything we say. And he has added lots of new words to his reportoire. His favorite word lately - besides Mama which he says - or screams - 500 x's a day - is water. He says it "wawa" and mostly it's his favorite because he wants to go play in the "wawa".



Some of his other new words lately are: baseball (can be easily confused with basketball but there is a slight difference!), Elmo, Big Bird, computer or "pooter", bottle, meat, fruit, bath and grass. He also has a few "phrases" he likes to say - and I use that term loosely because I know what he's trying to say but it takes a little imagination to actually hear it - but he says "There it is" and 'Where is it" and "no flag" (Which he what he says when we go outside and our neighbors haven't put their flag up on the flagpole - such a disappointment to a 15 month old!)



I feel bad when he's trying to tell me something and I have no idea what he's talking about but we usually figure it out with lots of grunting and pointing. Like lately every time we go outside he has to remind me that one of his basketballs went down the sewer drain (and this happened over a month ago!). He walks down the driveway and starts pointing at the drain and says "baball, baball, baball." Then we talk about how his ball went down there and it's gone now. Today he wanted to throw another one down and threw a little fit when I wouldn't let him. That's another new development - a little temper! Luckily right now I can say it's little but give him a few months and I might have a terror on my hands!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Goodness gracious. It's completely offical now: Hudson can now say WAY more than his almost 2 yr. old cousin!!!! haha
I can't believe he's already 15 months old. Time goes way too fast.