Tuesday, June 15, 2010

DONUTS!

Hudson LOVES to help me cook in the kitchen.  Every time I say “It’s time to make dinner, breakfast, etc.” his immediate response is “I want to help you Mommy.”   His “help” consists of “mixing” the ingredients in the bowl (and all over the countertop).  He quickly tires of this and moves on to playing in the water in the sink (which I think was his real motivation for “helping” in the first place!).

Last week I decided to try to make donuts.  There’s a place here in town – The Donut Hole – that makes the BEST cake donuts.  They have all out crazy kinds like PB and J, peppermint, Girl Scouts Thin Mints, Fruity Pebbles, etc.  I stick with  their plain donuts with chocolate or buttermilk frosting or cinnamon and sugar.  can’t go wrong with those.  Anyway, I wanted to try and duplicate it so I googled  - I mean scroogled “cake donuts” and gave it a shot. 

I don’t own a donut pan so I just used my muffin pan instead.  But they weren’t too bad for our first try – at least that’s the impression I got from Hudson….

 004 006 010

Of course, he only ate the tops off of his donuts so I don’t know if I should count his vote!

And another funny story about the kitchen sink.  He has figured out how to use the spray nozzle and occasionally misses the sink and sprays the kitchen floor or me if I am standing in the way.  Tonight he did this and I said, dripping wet – in an angry voice - “Hudson, what did you do?” 

His reply: “I got my baby brother all dirty.”                                     How do you punish someone SO cute?  

No comments: