Friday, October 1, 2010

run. run. run.

For those of you who don’t know, Jamie took up running this summer.  He ran a 5k over the 4th of July in Sterling and instead of being satisfied with that he kept training.  He and his friend Doug ran a 10k this last weekend in Inman, Kansas.  Exciting place, yes, I know.  It was the closest one they could find of that length so they drove out there early Saturday morning and ran.   They placed in the top 3!  (We won’t mention there were only 3 runners total in their bracket!)

10k

 10k2

Crossing the finish line!

10k3

Worn out!

10k4

 10k5

Jamie’s time was 54:30 – Doug beat him by about a minute – which had Jamie pretty disappointed – but still he ran a really good time – I know I couldn’t do it!  There’s an 8k coming up in Wichita that the guys might run but I think they have gotten a little tired of all the running and are going to start a different workout program for the winter…

No comments: