Thursday, March 31, 2011

I have to confess...

I have an addiction. Since I'm sitting in the kitchen at 6 am and the rest of the house is sleeping, I realize it must be true.
This is my addiction:

Yogurt parfaits.  Granola, yogurt and fresh fruit.  I can't get enough of it.  In fact, I admit I had some last night at 11 after the boys were asleep too.  And I eat it for breakfast every day.  Sometimes for an afternoon snack.  Sometimes I eat it for lunch too.  I glance at the yogurt container every time I open the fridge and think, "Should I?" ADDICTED.  
I find it really weird since my whole life I've hated yogurt.  Now I crave it.  I think it's some weird psychological thing to do with the hospital.  This is what Jamie got for a snack a lot from the cafeteria and I started buying it so he could have it at home.  Then I tried it one day.  Been hooked ever since.
I did detox myself off the good stuff though - vanilla yogurt.  I make myself only by plain now, so it is a fairly healthy, low fat snack.  But still - 3-4 times a day?  My only saving grace is the fact that I'm breastfeeding so I need extra calories every day.  Cause I eat more than Jamie does at meals.  Plus sneak my yogurt in whenever I get the craving!
I've also had a weird craving for caesar salad since Tate's been born. Again I think it stems from the hospital and the fact that I had a chicken caesar salad for lunch a few hours before I went into labor.  Totally weird, I know. 

No comments: