Monday, July 18, 2011

Take me out to the ballgame!

There hasn't been much ball playing around here lately because it has been too HOT! But on the nice evenings where it cools down to 98 degrees by 7:30 or so, we head out to play.  And this is what we play:

Hudson found this at a garage sale a few weeks ago and was fascinated with it.  He couldn't quite figure out how to work it since it didn't come with any baseballs but for $3, I thought it was worth a try.  Once we put new batteries in it fired right up!  The tennis balls work but I really need to get some new velcro so they would stick better, but he doesn't seem to mind.  It saves me from pitching all the time, but now he just makes us field the ball instead!  But it is nice since he can play it without any help.  So if I have Tate in my arms I can sit and watch instead of trying to hold him, pitch the ball and field the ball.  Of course, Tate is almost big enough to play outfield now!



No comments: