THE reason we March for Babies.
So far we raised $950 to support March for Babies! (I say so far cause a few of you have mentioned you will be donating, but have yet to do so, ahem, ahem....) :)
Here's some pics of the March:
The March is actually 2 miles long. Last year we did the full 2 miles, but this year, with Tate not feeling well and Jamie saying "I don't have anything to prove" we might have taken a little shortcut and cut a mile or so off! The walk starts at Exploration Place and then walks down the river, over a bridge, down the other side, then back over another bridge and back to Exploration Place. It's a pretty walk...well, as pretty as the Arkansas River can be, I guess...and we did see lots of ducks and a few fish.
Hudson was all into MARCHING for babies!
The whole group (minus my mom who is taking the picture.) I designed the tshirts that we all wore. The front says "Sometimes the smallest things in life take up the most room in our hearts." Then it has Tate's name and birth weight and even his little handprints and footprints.
This year Papa and Binga were able to come march with us.
Of course, in addition to not feeling great, it was nap time as well! So Tate took a little rest.
Just hanging out!
And we got to meet Wu! (This, I admit, was part of the motivation for cutting the walk short. We saw Wu waiting for us across the river and couldn't risk that he might not be there by the time we made it all the way around. So we took a shortcut. Hudson wasn't going to NOT let us at that point, he was so excited to see Wu!)
They make posters with a baby pic and a current pic of each baby and hang them up along the front. Last year Tate's was wrong because it said "Christian" instead of Tate. So I sent in more pics this year so this year he had 2 of them! One for Christian and one for Tate!
Thank you to everyone who supported us in Marching for Babies! Every penny counts!

No comments:
Post a Comment