Hudson was 4 months old on Wednesday - I know parents always say it, but you don't understand till you have your own, but I can't believe how fast he is growing up! We took him in for his 4 month check up yesterday. He weighs 14 lbs 15 oz and is 25 3/8 inches long. That puts him in the 55th percentile for weight and 75th for height - so looks like he might be tall! Jamie is proud!
The doctor said his head was a little flat on the right side. I'm not surprised since he likes to only look to the right! I try to always put his head at the opposite end of the bed every night, but since he just likes to look to the right, not look at anything specific in the room, that doesn't work. The doctor said those helmets that some kids have to wear to reshape their heads cost $2500-$3000 and insurance won't cover them because they are considered cosmetic. So we'll watch it now and not let it get that far! His isn't very bad so he just said to try to get him to lay the other way. So I am having to actually turn his head so he's looking to the left when he's sleeping - without waking him up when I do it, which can be tricky!
His lungs sounded fine (He's still been kind of rattly from the cough he had) and they retested his hearing and he passed that fine. They told us at the hospital to bring him back in after a few months to retest, (He passed the test at the hospital but because of the family history they recommended retesting when he was a little older). So I was worrying about that so I'm relieved that he passed this test fine too.
So all in all, he's a happy, healthy growing boy!
Do Not Worry
8 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment