Yesterday I took Garret and Hudson to Mimi's house to decorate her Christmas tree. As soon as we got there Garret said "Ok, where's the tree I am going to cut down?" We had to explain to him that we were only decorating this tree - not cutting one down - although we are going tomorrow morning to cut down Christmas trees so he'll get to do that too! Hudson did about as well as I predicted. He loved the "balls" and just kept throwing them - but mostly he threw them on the tree so he kind of got it. He kept tearing the hook part out of them though - much to Garret's chagrin.
Garret quickly figured out that Hudson could not touch the breakable ornaments so every ornament I picked out he deemed to be "breakable" and took charge. But Hudson didn't mind - he just pulled them off the tree once Garret turned his back! They both loved the tinsel and the tree actually turned out very good.
The cat -Ruger - loved the Christmas tree box so the boys played with teh box and cat for quite awhile before we actually started decorating the tree.

No comments:
Post a Comment