Monday, May 10, 2010

Our new bed

I still can’t believe that we took this pile of lumber and with our own hands (okay, mostly Jamie’s hands!) built a new bed!  I am so excited to build more – I have a whole list of projects from Knock Off Wood. 

Here’s a picture timeline of our progress.  It took us about 2 weeks all together – including painting and finishing – to build it.

026

037

002 008

Hudson would cover his ears each time Jamie started the saw! 010 012 019 021

003

006

This similar bed at Pottery Barn costs $2195.00!

Farmhouse Bed & Dresser, Full, Antique Honey stain

We built our bed for about $150 of lumber and a $5 gallon of OOPS paint I lucked out on at Home Depot!  

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Tell Jamie he looks like Grandpa Elmer in that picture!!! Crooked hat and biting his tongue! :)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT!! cAN'T WAIT TO SEE IT AT HUDSON'S PARTY!