A couple of you asked for the recipe for some of the desserts I brought to Thanksgiving weekend - here you go:
Eclair Cake
1 pound graham crackers
2 small packages Instant French Vanilla Pudding
3 1/2 cups of milk
1 8 oz Cool Whip
Butter bottom of 9x13 pan, line with whole crakers. Mix pudding and milk, beat at medium speed for 2 minutes, blend in Cool Whip. Pour half of the mixture of crackers. Layer on another layer of crackers. Pour on a layer of the rest of the pudding. Cover with another layer of crackers. Refrigerate for 2 hours before frosting.
2 packages Nestles Choco-Bake Pre-melt OR 2 squares of bakers chocolate OR 1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa
2 tsp Karo syrup
3 Tbsp soft butter
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
2 tsp vanilla
3 Tbsp milk
Beat frosting until smooth, spread over chilled cake and refrigerate several hours or overnight if possible.
Keep refrigerated up to 5 days.
Scotcheroos
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups corn syrup
3 cups peanut butter
8 cups rice krispies
Mix sugar and corn syrup over medium heat until liquid is clear. Stir in peanut butter until melted. Remove from heat and mix in rice krispies. Pour into buttered 9x13 pan. Press firmly.
6 oz semisweet chocolate chips
6 oz butterscotch chips
Melt in microwave and spread on top. Chill in refrigerator before serving.
Do Not Worry
8 months ago
1 comment:
Cassie, I have been reading your blog for awhile - jumped over from Jenn's. Hudson is adorable!! I had to comment because the song that was playing was a song I had been trying to hunt down for weeks! I only knew a few words - no title or artist. It is the one by Plumb. Thanks, I am off to buy it on iTunes! Abby Reed
Post a Comment