Unfortunately our trip home was not as smooth as the trip up there. In his defense, he is teething and was overtired from not napping/sleeping well the last 2 days. But it was a loooooong ride. We didn't leave till 6:30 thinking he would fall asleep pretty shortly therafter since it was bedtime soon. WRONG! He stayed awake the whole way to KC! We stopped and filled up and since he was still wide awake I got him out of his seat and let him play for a little bit. He had a great time at the truck stop looking at all the big trucks. Then we put him back in his seat and got back on the road and not 5 minutes later the crying started. And lasted at least 45 minutes. I finally got him to sleep by sitting beside him watching a DVD and pointing out the pictures on the DVD. Problem was I kept falling asleep and waking up to find him still awake watching the video. So I'd try to watch a little more and I'd fall asleep again. Eventually he fell asleep - only to wake up again 20 minutes from our exit and cry the rest of the way! Thankfully he went right to bed when we got home and slept the rest of the night.
Do Not Worry
8 months ago




No comments:
Post a Comment