All week Hudson has been so excited about going to see the dinosaurs and today the BIG day was finally here. We got there about 20 minutes early and I bet between Garret and Hudson they asked at least 100 times when the dinosaurs were coming out! But the finally did and it was worth the wait (and the $30 tickets!). I thought the whole thing was pretty cool – it’s amazing how they created those dinosaurs. You just had to ignore the whole evolution theory that the storyline was about – but I am sure every kid in there was much more interested in the dinosaurs than the story the narrator was telling!
Here is Garret and Hudson walking to the ARENA! Yes, we actually paid money to go to something at the new arena. However, Jamie would not go. He says he will NEVER set foot in the arena (we voted against the sales tax increase to build it a few years ago, but obviously we were outnumbered!) Tyler and I took the boys. Jamie says it’s okay for Hudson and I to go, just he will never attend.
The arena was nice – my favorite part was the fact that the escalators all were moving up when we got there and then they just reversed them to go down when the show was over. Pretty smart! This was definitely the kind of event to go to since it wasn’t even half full (Or wait, maybe that’s how ALL the events are since Wichita didn’t need another arena??? Just a thought…) Parking wasn’t a problem, there weren’t any lines, it was nice. The seats however – nosebleed. Very high up, very narrow – very dangerous, if you ask me. I was afraid Hudson would fall off my lap and fall all the way to the floor below! Plus if someone on your row wanted out, EVERYONE in the row had to stand to let them walk by – no leg room at all! In my personal opinion, they should have let us all move wherever we wanted to. There were plenty of open seats all over the arena. I bet 75% of the people there were all sitting in the top section with us (cheapest tickets).
WHERE ARE THE DINOSAURS???
So that’s my 2 cents on the arena….now for the show!
I was worried that Hudson might get scared but he loved it. He only jumped once when the mama T-Rex came out roaring – and I have to admit I think I jumped with him! He was excited and talking through the whole thing…you’ll probably hear some of it on the video clip. And, videotaping the show was not allowed so don’t tell! I was trying more to get Hudson’s reactions than the show so I decided it was okay. The first couple videos I shot of Hudson but then realized it was too dark so the screen was just black. So I figured I might as well turn the camera around and get a little of the action! IF you want to learn more about how they made the dinosaurs, you can check out their website here.
No comments:
Post a Comment