Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I didn't know he could do that!

So a few days ago I was playing with Hudson downstairs and he was playing really well by himself so I thought I would try to work on my scrapbooking some while he was playing. (It was my goal to have his first year scrapbooked by his birthday but I am not going to make it. I am to about 9 months and only have 5 days left. And I have way too much work to do in the next 5 days to finish it.) So anyways, I left him downstairs playing and ran upstairs to get some of my pages and stuff.
Imagine my shock and horror when I head back downstairs and find Hudson crawling up them! He had made it up 3 stairs and was just standing there (on the very edge of the step I might add) grinning up at me! Needless to say I flew down the stairs to get him but he was doing just fine. Guess I'll have to keep my eye on him a little more closely now! He has really started moving now that he figured out the crawling thing. He'll crawl a little bit, pull himself up on something, walk along it a ways, fall back down on his rear end and crawl some more. It's great!

1 comment:

Hannah said...

You poor thing! I had a similar experience with Krosby - she crawled up our short set of steps (6 or 7) while I was busy with Kenzy for a minute. Needless to say, I don't take my eyes off her for a minute unless the stairs are blocked! :)

I can't believe he is almost One! That first year goes fast. Can't wait to hear about his celebration!