Saturday, May 16, 2009

mowing the lawn



I just have to brag a little because I mowed the entire lawn all by myself yesterday! That's the first time ever that I have done that. Well, technically my dad showed up when I just had the front yard left but he weeded and I finished mowing, so I did mow the whole thing. And that was a lot of work! With all the rain we have been getting the grass was pretty high and the mower kept clogging and dying on me. I bet I restarted it 20 times. I was sure my shoulder would hurt today from yanking the pullstart so much but so far my only injury is the blisters on my hands from pushing the mower! And Jamie was VERY happy to see it was done when he got home last night. I knew he would fret about it all weekend cause it needed to be done and he is not feeling up to doing it himself. Plus it rained again last night so it's probably too wet now anyways.

Dad brought his mower over and it was on a lower setting so I used it to mow the front and man that thing was hard to push! I was about to give up after 2 rows when my dad pointed out the self propel handle I needed to pull - then the thing about took out from underneath me and I could hardly keep up! But I finally got a handle on it and got the front finished!

I guess I should also mention that I broke the handle on our mower which was why I had to use Dad's...but we don't need to talk about that! :) Jamie probably thinks he's getting a riding mower now...which I have to admit would be nice after spending 2 hours mowing the lawn!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ain't that just like a woman, HAS to have a dishwasher, but oh it ain't that bad to push a lawn mower around UNTIL she has to do it herself! Right Dr. Jamie? hahaha