Luckily we had finally gotten started on Hudson's big boy bed and redecorating his room before all of this happened with Tate. Hudson had actually been sleeping in his new bed for about a week before I went to the hospital and was doing really well with it. He was pretty excited to give his crib to his baby brother. The first 2 nights were rough, and he figured out by the second night that he could get up and come out of his room whenever he wanted. I was hoping he wouldn't figure that out so quick! He had started getting up around 4-5 am every morning and coming into our room to tell us he had to go potty. Which I guess is better than him wetting the bed, although we still had him in diapers at night at that point. At some point while I was in the hospital my parents or Jamie's quit putting his diaper on at night and so far he hasn't had any accidents! He doesn't usually get up to go potty during the night anymore either.
My husband has turned out to be quite the handy man and he built the bed all by himself (Jamie would prefer I say "crafted the bed with his own two hands") with a little help from me. My help mostly consisted of reading the directions to him and holding the wood while he put the screws in. He did all the sanding, staining and sealing himself, since I couldn't inhale the fumes - and man, they were strong. He also built the little table, the picture frame and the window valance. His dad helped him make the drawers underneath the bed and that is where all of Hudson's clothes are now. Surprisingly, Hudson seemed more upset about giving up his dresser to his baby brother than he was the crib. But he quickly got over it when he figured out he can hide things in his drawers. I have been finding all sorts of random things stuck inside them.
And now the big reveal....
 |
| Looks like we spent a thousand of dollars on it, right? Nope. Only about $200 for all the wood and supplies! The drawers were the most expensive because we bought plywood for those and the drawer hinges and pulls...we got the plans from one of my favorite websites - http://www.ana-white.com/. They improvised on the drawers cause she didn't have plans for drawers to go with this bed, but they were able to use a different plan and then make them work for this one. I love it! Turned out just like I had imagined it. |
 |
| His reading corner. We made the bookshelves about a year ago and Jamie bought him the bean bag for Christmas last year. It's been downstairs all this time but now it finally has a home. |
 |
| My sister painted the painting for him for his 2nd birthday. Jamie made the frame around it and he also made the small table for his lamp and stereo. |
 |
| Bed with drawer pulled out. I am still working on an art project for above his bed...but that was put on hold for a little bit. I'm hoping in the next week or two to finish up Hudson's room, then get started on Tate's! |
1 comment:
Wow, really like what you have done in Hudson's room. Nice work.
Post a Comment