Saturday, December 11, 2010

Day 27, Friday, December 10

It’s weird how our lives seem to be on hold right now, waiting till Tate comes home, but life keeps going. I had to go out to the clinic and show Amy how to do the insurance posting and bookkeeping work that I usually do. We were a month behind, we didn’t get statements out in November and I couldn’t put if off any longer. Thankfully Amy is more than willing and capable of taking over all the extra work right now. I told her if it worked out than I’d just let her keep doing it forever! Once we have Tate home, I won’t have as much time to work on it as I did before with two little guys at home.


I finally started some Christmas shopping yesterday. And it’s a good thing because I just realized Christmas is 2 weeks away! And, sadly, realizing that, I can see there’s no way Tate will be home by Christmas. I was really hoping. Although he’s making great progress, there’s no way he’ll be ready in two weeks. It looks like mid January is probably a more realistic goal for him.

Hudson went with my parents this afternoon to watch Aunt Christin play in a basketball game. He loves basketball and he loves his Aunt Christin, so he had a great time. Since Hudson was gone Jamie and I both got to hang out with Tate for the afternoon. I wanted to get some pictures of us finger feeding but Tate did such a great job nursing that we didn’t even finger feed! He latched on and nursed for more than 5 minutes straight! I am so excited!! Hoping he keeps doing more and more of that every day and doesn’t forget how tomorrow. I had to remind him to suck every once in awhile but he held the latch the entire time. That is HUGE progress for him. He gained 6 grams at the feeding, which isn’t a lot but it’s 3 times the 2 he gained the other day and the most he’s ever done. So maybe we’ll get even more tomorrow. I’m praying!

Tate had a big day today. In addition to doing so great at nursing he met another HUGE milestone….he now weighs 4 pounds, 0.1 ounces. Just barely made it but he made it! Two of the three things he had to do to go home were weigh 4 pounds and “nipple”. After he did so great at nursing I told Jamie I thought he was ready to go home! Jamie didn’t quite agree but he is just as proud and excited as I am about all his progress today.

“And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.” Romans 5:2-5

No comments: