Yes, I know. That’s the cutest baby you’ve ever seen. Isn’t he so handsome in his tie?
I saw this idea on a blog a few months ago and decided I wanted to do it for Tate’s first year. I plan on taking a picture of him at every month “birthday” with his necktie on to show how much he’s growing. I found this necktie online and the great thing about it is Daddy and Hudson have matching ones! I already have their Easter outfits! The crazy thing is how small that tie actually is, yet it still looks so huge on him. When they came in the mail I looked at it and thought “well this isn’t going to last very long”. (It’s a size 0-6 months.). Jamie thought the same thing when he saw it. Then we put it on Tate yesterday for his one month birthday – and you can see how huge it is!
Tate took 20 ml from his bottle for me today. When we first started he took right to it and was gobbling it down. Then he choked on some milk. Yes, I freaked out a little. His eyes started watering, his face turned red and it didn’t look like he was breathing. But the nurse assured me he was (the monitor’s weren’t going off). He finally took a big breath. After that I couldn’t get him to take the bottle again. I tried burping him. The nurse tried burping him. Never got him to burp but he was not interested in drinking more milk.
They increased his feedings to 40 ml today. When the NP stopped by to see how he was doing I joked to her that “we were never going to catch up if they kept increasing how much he eats.” She then proceeded to get out a growth chart and show me that Tate is just barely on the charts for his growth (meaning he is really small for his age). So she said that is why she is increasing his feeds so quickly to try to get him to gain weight as quickly as possible. Brain growth is directly related to his body growth so it’s very important that he keeps growing so there’s room for his brain to grow as well. That’s why she’s keeping such a close eye on it. It’s not surprising that he’s so small for his age because he was measuring 3 weeks small when I was pregnant with him. He was only at 28 weeks gestational size when he was born, but I was 31 weeks pregnant. So he has a lot of growing to do to catch up. She did say that once they hit that 1800 grams (4 pounds) they seem to just start growing and growing. And that is exactly what Tate has done this week- he gained 2 oz a day, 2 days in a row and has been gaining an ounce a day the last several days. He gained another ounce today and is at 4 pounds, 9.2 ounces.
When Jamie fed him his bottle at 9 pm he took 35 ml! He just took right to it. He even stopped and burped him – got him to burp and then got him to take the bottle back and eat more. Definitely progress! I’m hoping maybe that was his “click” and he’ll have it all figured out from here on. But I’m guessing that’s probably a little too much to hope for this early. We’ll see how he does tomorrow though.
No comments:
Post a Comment