His birthday was actually Sunday and it was weird to me all day Sunday because he seemed older. It just felt like he was a toddler now instead of a baby. I honestly think it's because he is wearing shoes now. Just makes him look older. Aunt Lesie bought him some sandals for his birthday and he loves wearing them. If he doesn't have them on and finds them he sits down and tries to put them on. Or if they fall off while he's playing he stops and tries to put them back on!
He has started doing so many new things these past couple of days too. He can point to different animals in books (When I ask "Where's the bird? for example - although that one is confusing because first he points out the window!). There is a book I read him that I always do some hand gestures with and he has started doing some of those when I turn the pages. He has started "clicking" his tongue and blowing kisses too. His official first word is going to have to be "Zeus". He says it all the time although he calls everything "Zeus" not just the dog. Yesterday we were looking at a picture of him and Jamie and he pointed at Jamie and said "Zeus". So he's a little confused with that one - I think he just likes the sound it makes when he says it! He also has really started picking up on the sign language I have been working with him on. He now signs "more" when he wants more food - although first I get lots of grunts and pointing, but eventually he'll sign "more" for me. He also signs "milk" and "food" when he wants to nurse or eat. Too cute! He has also started standing for a few seconds on his own so I would guess walking is not too far in the future but I'm not putting any bets on it - he didn't crawl till he was 11.5 months old!






1 comment:
How sweet! I can't believe he is already One! Happy Birthday, sweet boy! What a fun party - the cake is so cute!
Post a Comment